In India the top government body (TRAI), which handles telecommunication has specifically defined the transactional SMS.
Transactional SMS means a message containing only:
- Information sent to its customer(s) by the Bank or financial institution or insurance company or credit card company or Access Provider pertaining to the account of that customer(s).
- Information given by Airlines or Indian Railways or its authorized agencies to its passengers regarding travel schedules, ticket booking and reservation.
- Information from a registered educational institution to parents or guardians of its students.
- Any other message as may be specified by the Authority, from time to time as “Transactional message”.
Later TRAI allowed few more services under the transactional SMS category like:-
- Messages sent by companies to their employees.
- Messages sent by the companies to their customers informing about their account status, shipping status, etc. However, these messages should not contain any promotional content.
- Messages sent from a machine (after some algorithmic calculations) like a user received a message, the machine stopped working i.e. Machine-to-Person.
- Customers explicitly asked for the information.
- Customer registration information, registration or validation codes, etc. sent by websites.
Unlike promotional SMS you can send transactional SMS 24×7 and 365 days a year. There are no limitations on how many SMS you can send or at what time you can send. Also, transactional SMS can be sent on NCCPR (National Commercial Communication Preference Registry) registered numbers.
So, if you are looking to send such kind of information to your users via SMS then you can use our transactional SMS service. For more details please feel free to contact us from here.